The Promise of a New High School in the Municipality of Aerodrom Was Not Fulfilled
High school “Kuzman Josifovski Pitu” new high school in the city!
[Source: Election program of Petre Shilegov, “Life in Skopje for all!” p.34 – date: October 2017]
Quality education – construction of a high school – “Kuzman Josifovski – Pitu” (Deadline: 2018-2020)
[Source: Election program of Zlatko Marin, Life in Aerodrom for all! (p.20) – date: October 2017]
The promise of the mayors of Skopje and the Municipality of Aerodrom, Petre Shilegov and Zlatko Marin, for the construction of a new high school, “Kuzman Josifovski – Pitu”, is unfulfilled.
The two mayors made such a promise in the campaign for the local elections that took place in October 2017. The mentioned promise is stated in Shilegov’s election program, “Life in Skopje for all!”, p. 34, as well as in Marin’s election program – “Life in Aerodrom for all!” (p. 20). The Mayor of Aerodrom promised in his program that the new high school in this municipality will be built in two years, more precisely in the period from 2018 to 2020.
However, such election projections did not take place so far (June 21, 2021) and no new high school has been built in Aerodrom. The construction of the high school has not even started, and it is not mentioned in the planned projects of Shilegov until the end of the mandate – October 2021.
“Truthmeter” requested information from the Municipality of Aerodrom about the state of realization of the promise for the construction of a high school “Kuzman Josifovski – Pitu”, and they replied that:
The construction of a high school in the Municipality of Aerodrom is a project that is underway, and it is under the jurisdiction of the City of Skopje. Specifically, at the moment, the Municipality of Aerodrom and the City of Skopje are working on the preparation of documentation for the change of the detailed urban plan and its harmonization with the General Urban Plan. Given that this is a capital project, it is necessary to fulfill certain procedures. Immediately after fulfilling all the conditions, the construction of the facility will begin.
Having in mind that the mandate of the mayors ends in three or four months, i.e. in October this year, and the construction of the high school has not even started, we assess this election promise of Shilegov and Marin as unfulfilled.
- Election program of Petre Shilegov for the local elections 2017 – “Life in Skopje for all!”34 (October 2017) [Accessed: 21 June 2021]
- Election program of Mayor Zlatko Marin for the local elections in 2017 – Life in Aerodrom for all! (p.20) [Accessed: 21 June 2021]
- Official website of the City of Skopje (28 December 2020): Shilegov: In 2021 we start with the implementation of the smart city, the BRT tram system without rails, a new bridge on Ljubljanska, and we finish the bridge on ASNOM [Accessed: 21 June 2021]
- Zlatko Marin’s Facebook profile (4 September 2017) – [Accessed: 21.06.2021]
- Brief (09.10.2017): Marin: The municipality will allocate 3,500 denars for each first grader [Accessed: 21 June 2021]